Sunday, January 15, 2012

2011 scrapbook (part II)

Part II of happy, wonderful things that happened in 2011:

October: I enjoy visits from dear friends and family.  Jared, Brian and Alex come to visit.  Shayna comes to visit and we attend general conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City with Ariel, Elise, Kaitlin, Cody and Russell.  Then, my family comes to visit and we go to the Salt Lake City Temple.  

Students at Independence High School throw me a goodbye party (I had spent a few weeks there observing and learning to teach in the classroom).  These students really make a difference in my life and I love them.  After my time at Independence, I begin a few new block classes and meet more great professors, one especially who changes my life.  I am so thankful for this.  

Roommates and I get ready for Halloween--we are the "Three Blind Mice"--and on a last-minute limb, we call Aaron and ask if he will be the farmer's wife. We STILL owe him for this one...

Alex, me and Brian in the Salt Lake City Temple visitor's center.
Here is a much better picture of the Christus statue.  
My "boyfriend" Justin Beibs,
gracing the freshman dorms with his presence.
Shayna, Kait, Me, Elise, Ariel outside of the LDS conference center in Salt Lake City 
Kali's "demon" eyes
Independence 
Abby, one of the kindest people I know  
I wasn't technically a "student teacher" but hey, that was really nice,
so thanks to whoever wrote these notes :)
Making our Halloween costumes the night before.
Aaron came over to try on his farmer's wife costume ;)
 
Ariel making braids for the farmer's wife.  
Three Blind Mice
Three Blind Mice with the Farmer's Wife
Ariel with an award from our ward Halloween dance. 

November: I attend the Love and Fidelity Network's 4th annual conference "Sexuality, Integrity, and the University" at Princeton University.  Since it's so close to NYC, I get to spend two days there with friends!  The conference is a great experience and so is visiting NYC for the first time. 

I spend Thanksgiving with my family in Idaho and enjoy time with friends as well.  Over the break, my dad celebrates his 51st birthday and I celebrate my 21st birthday.  My real birthday is the 28th, the first day back to school, and my roommates make the day really special for me even though they're busy with classes :)  What wonderful friends I have!  

Megan and me at Princeton
Princeton campus
More beautiful Princeton campus
We attended mass at St. Paul's Church
St. Paul's Catholic Church
Times Square
The LDS Manhattan temple
Tom, Becca, Aaron, me 
Central Park


Untitled from Jenna Carson on Vimeo.
I really enjoyed listening to this man singing in the subway.  
Wanted to stick around just to listen...
A green smoothie.  I thought it was so pretty, I had to take a pic!
Thanksgiving break
My mom and me decorating the tree
For my Dad's and my birthday celebration, my mom thought it would be funny to put Kip in a bag and give him to us  :D
We really were surprised!


Alex is always making us laugh.  He came over to play "Killer Bunnies" and put on this headband Shayna gave me :) Love you, Alex!



Shayna and I made a lemon meringue pie



It was delicious!
Ariel surprised me with cupcakes :)  
My roommates surprised me with a new journal, stationary, and a book about the Atonement.
Thank you two!  
 
Roommates
December: Finals week!  I finish school and move home to Idaho for Christmas break and to stay there til I leave on a mission.  My family, friends and I enjoy a beautiful break.  MOLLY AND JEFF GET MARRIED!  And life is so, so good. :)  
Alex wanted to curl my hair so Kait let him do one piece :)
Christmas Eve--we just can't get a normal pic of Kait :)  She was making us laugh

My sweet parents :)  

Here's to another beautiful year!  

1 comment:



  1. Good post, I have read this post here I got very useful information. This is a very useful article for online review readers.reviewsunfold

    ReplyDelete